WNH takes pride in the community it serves and strives to support various community initiatives, groups, organizations, and activities.
Photo Gallery: In the Community will appear here on the public site.
- Skilled Trades Ontario
- City of Waterloo Open House
- Vehicle Display at Mighty Machine Show
- Sponsorship of THEMUSUEM Kids Inspiring Change: energy awareness, education,conservation, and energy efficiency - Donation for the purchase of littleBits of Circuitry Pro-Library Set
- Elmira Maple Syrup festival
- The Wonders of Winter (WOW) - Employees and retirees volunteers for light set up and take down
School Safety Program
Waterloo North Hydro is pleased to bring a one hour electrical safety presentations to all elementary schools in Waterloo, Wellesley, and Woolwich. For more information about this program, please visit our School Programs page.
Residential Energy Efficiency Project (REEP)
Waterloo North Hydro Inc. is pleased to support REEP Green Solutions, a non-profit community-university partnership. REEP provides the services, tools and programs people need to use energy and water wisely.
REEP has assessed the energy efficiency of over 14,000 homes in Waterloo Region reducing over 21,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions per year. Contact REEP by calling (519) 744-9799 or visit the REEP Waterloo Region website for more information.
LEAP Emergency Assistance Program
Waterloo North Hydro Inc. is proud to assist in the funding of the Waterloo Region Emergency Assistance Program (WREAP) through Waterloo North Hydro's LEAP Emergency Assistance Program.
WREAP provides assistance to low-income families and individuals who need financial assistance to pay their heating and hydro bills, to avoid the consequences associated with an inability to manage utility arrears. The program is funded in a partnership model with other utilities.
To learn more about the Energy Assistance Program, please visit the Region of Waterloo's website or call 519-883-2100 and select option 1.
Educational Community Involvement
WNH collaborates with the University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University and Conestoga College on a number of initiatives.
Business Community Involvement
- Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce
- Waterloo Regional Electrical Association
- Association of Electrical Utility Safety Professionals (AEUSP)
- Salute to Business in the Township of Woolwich
Electricity Industry Involvement
- Board of Directors of the Electricity Distributors Association (EDA), the Utilities Standards Forum (USF), and many other working groups, councils or committees at EDA, Canadian Electricity Association (CEA), Electric Safety Authority (ESA), and Ontario Energy Board (OEB)
- WNH was one of twelve founding members of the Utilities Standard Forum, a cooperative venture now owned by forty-eight LDCs to provide a consistent set of ESA approved standards in a cost effective manner. It served on the Board of Directors for USF in 2015
- WNH initiated the revival of the Metering Workshop in Niagara Grand and Western Districts. It continues to be a driver behind this successful workshop and a member of the organizing committee