Don't be a victim of phone fraud
- Waterloo North Hydro's customers (specially small business) are targets for phone scammers.
- These scammers tell you they're from your local utility and use sophisticated software to show the utility's name on your caller display.
- They threaten to disconnect you if you don't immediately pay by pre-paid credit card or wire transfer.
- They target you when you're most vulnerable, especially during holidays or peak business times.
Waterloo North Hydro Cares About Your Security
- We NEVER ask you to pay by pre-paid credit card or wire transfers over the phone. Learn more about our payment options.
- We NEVER threaten to disconnect you right away.
- When in doubt, hang up the phone and call us at 519-886-5090. We're always available to answer your questions.
- If someone calls and threatens to disconnect you if you don't make a payment right away by pre-paid credit card or wire transfer, SAY NO and HANG UP!
- NEVER give your personal or financial information.
- Report the incident to your utility and the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at
1-888-495-8501. This agency collects information on fraud and works closely with police to solve these crimes.